In service of our mission to provide essential safety net services and advocacy, Trinity Center’s highest priority is to maintain our facility and programs as safe and welcoming spaces for all people. From the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have remained open and operated with strong protocols to reduce the transmission and incidences of the virus and its variants, following public health guidance.
Our ongoing protocols include:
- Self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms
- Temperature check and signing in on arrival
- Masking indoors
- Social distancing
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer
- Physical barriers wherever possible to reduce airborne transmission
- No eating or drinking inside/in common areas
- Regular disinfection of heavily used, high contact areas
- Thorough end-of-day cleaning and disinfection protocols
With the recent detection and surge of the omicron variant in Contra Costa County, we have reviewed our ongoing protocols, and are following public health orders in taking the following steps immediately:
- For the time-being, we are putting a pause on tours, visitors, and additional volunteers at Trinity Center except on an “urgent, as-needed basis.*”
- All staff, volunteers, etc. who visit Trinity Center an average of once a week or more will need to provide results of weekly COVID-19 testing, unless they have provided documentation of full vaccination plus a booster shot to designated Trinity Center staff* in advance. (County Health ORDER NO. HO-COVID19-61 issued 12/27/21, effective 1/10/22, but Trinity Center is encouraging all to get vaccinated, booster shots, or tested immediately)
- Volunteers (individually and as part of groups) will be asked to be fully vaccinated against COVID and, if eligible, have received a booster shot, to volunteer onsite. Exceptions as medical or religious accommodations, or if person presents negative COVID test within past 72 hours will be considered*. As necessary, verification may will be conducted in coordination with a volunteer group’s leader and Trinity Center staff*.
- Under some circumstances, Trinity Center can perform rapid COVID tests to ensure the safety of all persons onsite, which are reported to the CA Department of Public Health. If you believe you need to be tested immediately, please notify Trinity Center staff*.
*For questions, exceptions, or confidential presentation of documentation, please contact our Executive Director, Leslie Gleason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-457-3935.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we work together to meet the needs of the entire community.
We continue to seek support and guidance from our trusted partners and encourage you to visit their websites for continuing updates and information: