Trinity Center Safe Parking Program participants have a safe overnight parking environment that allows them uninterrupted rest. While in the program, members work toward a sustainable housing situation. Member Advocates help with applications for housing that is accessible and affordable, offer suggestions for short and long-term housing options, counseling on safety-net programs and enrollment in benefit programs. We also assist members with Homeless Court issues and access to healthcare.
Safe Parking Program Benefits to Community:
- A safe monitored place where uninterrupted, overnight sleeping in vehicles is permitted
- Provision of case management connecting homeless to services, shelter programs, and
- Housing Navigation through CARE Centers and CORE teams
- Access to restroom and shower facilities
- Access to breakfast, lunch, and food pantry programs
- Reduced number of police calls for parking violations and towing by assisting participants with a legal space to park and with one-time funds for auto registration, insurance, and CDL fees
- Assist participants with homeless court applications to clear parking tickets
The Safe Parking Program measures impact by documenting and evaluating:
- Number of persons and families hosted and fed
- Number of clients benefiting from continued progressive homeless services
- Number of client persons and families accessing transitional or sustainable housing
- Number of members engaging in activities that would render them housing ready
Our Program is the first of its kind in Walnut Creek. We are pleased provide this pilot program, which is partially funded by the City of Walnut Creek and other support. In order to continue this vital program, we are seeking funding to ensure that the program continues to operate past the pilot period.